Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Vocab of the Week ( Part 1)

Today's vocab word is training. It's to built up to the game. The goal. It's the go time for all capoeiristas. I've used this analogy a bunch of times. It's the friday night lights of the capoeira world. Think about it. You get to class, warm up,  and stretch. You prepare your body for the class. Then you begin working on different kicks, and esquivas and different movments for moving around the roda. Afterwards you start working on different sequences where you can learn how to apply those kicks and movements. You prepare for the game and the roda.  If you're lucky, there's a roda at the end of the class. If you're lucky. Not all classes end with a roda, and there's no rule that their has to be. It's like at soccer practice (from my 12 years of experience.) You don't always scrimmage. I can only speak for myself, but for me scrimmaging is the 2nd best part. The best part is the game. It's what I've been practicing for. It's what I've been training for. Everybody moment before that day has been leading up to that game. So remember what your training for. Remember why you're learning a list of movements (mostly because those movements have a purpose.) Remember to use them where it matter most.

No comments:

Post a Comment